We're fully prepared to sleep in the gutter, but...
We're not going to beg, but this sure will be easier if people across the country step up to help us as we hope they will. If you think you might be one of those people, but you're wondering what you can do, please consider one of the following options. As we reach out across America, we sincerely hope America will reach out for us.
- Take a look at the list of towns we will be running through below. If you or someone you know lives in one of those towns OR a town nearby, and would like to provide us with a night of lodging, please call us or send us an e-mail. We are clean (well, at least we were when we left NJ), kind, quiet and just need a place to sleep for one night. We'll wash your dishes, and mow your lawn in return. Yard, floor, couch, doghouse, bathtub...anywhere will be fine! We'll be sure to thank you on our credits page and mention our stay with you in our journal.
- If you do not know anyone in these towns, perhaps your friends do. Please e-mail everyone that you know a link to www.runtheusa.com. Perhaps they can help and would enjoy following along with our mission.
- We seek no help other than asking for a night of lodging. However, if you feel as though there is something that you have to offer to our mission, and would like to help, please e-mail us or call us. We would love to hear from you.
- If you would like to run, bike, crawl, etc. with us for part of our mission, call us or e-mail us. We'd be glad to have you along, but please, bring your own deodorant - we're running low.
- We could use all the publicity that we can get to help in our mission. If you think our quest might make a good story for any media outlet, large or small, get in touch with us to make arrangements to meet somewhere along the route or at least talk to us on the phone. We'll be sure to post a reference to you work on our news page.
- Post words of encouragement, suggestions, or taunt us on the note board. When we do have internet access, this is going to be the first page we look at.
Regarding points 1 & 2 above, below is a table of the towns we'll be passing through in each state on our journey. Next to each town is a "Yes" or "No" indicating whether or not we've found lodging in that town for the date listed. Please keep in mind that we'll be passing through many other towns, and if needed, will rearrange our plans to stay in a town close (say, within 1-5 miles) to one we planned on originally. If you'd like to provide lodging, please contact us and provide your contact information. We'll be in touch and make plans. If the town in question already has a "Yes" next to it, contact us anyway... all we have to do is run 20 miles, the rest of the day is wide open.
|Date||Location||Has Lodging Been Secured?|
|2/23/2003||Sea Bright, NJ||Yes|
|2/24/2003||Old Bridge, NJ||Yes|
|2/25/2003||Belle Mead, NJ||Yes|
|3/2/2003||Mahanoy City, PA||Yes|
|3/8/2003||State College, PA||Yes|
|3/16/2003||Grove City, PA||Yes|
|3/17/2003||New Wilmington, PA||Yes|
|3/29/2003||Van Wert, OH||Yes|
|4/12/2003||Beverly Manor, IL||Yes|
|4/15/2003||Little America, IL||Yes|
|5/5/2003||University Place, NE||Yes|
|5/10/2003||Wood River, NE||Yes|
|5/12/2003||Elm Creek, NE||Yes|
|6/5/2003||Hell's Half Acre, WY||No|
|6/8/2003||Red Rock Creek, WY||No|
|6/10/2003||Togwotee Pass, WY||Yes|
|6/15/2003||Swan Valley, ID||No|
|6/17/2003||Idaho Falls, ID||No|
|6/21/2003||American Falls Dam, ID||Yes|
|6/25/2003||Twin Falls, ID||Yes|
|6/28/2003||Glenns Ferry, ID||Yes|
|6/29/2003||Mountain Home, ID||Yes|
|7/8/2003||Prairie City, OR||Yes|
|7/9/2003||Mount Vernon, OR||Yes|
|7/17/2003||McKenzie Bridge, OR||Yes|
|7/18/2003||McKenzie Bridge, OR||Yes|
|7/19/2003||McKenzie Bridge, OR||Yes|
|7/31/2003||Star Camp, OR||Yes|